Eggs are probably one of our favorite things to eat for breakfast and our bell pepper boats are top notch! These stuffed breakfast peppers are a great way to add color, nutrition and visual interest without adding calories. They are perfect when you’re making breakfast or brunch for a crowd. It’s really easy to get these whipped up once you have all the ingredients at hand, making mornings that more special and less stressful. Try this recipe with green, red, orange or yellow Signature Brand by Frank’s bell peppers.
Prep Time: 25 minutes
- 4 large eggs
- 2 large Signature Brand by Frank’s Bell pepper (cut in half, seeds removed)
- 1/2 cup Swiss Gruyere shredded cheese blend(or any shredded cheese you like)
- 4 tsp Chives (chopped)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F . Line a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper and grease lightly.
- Place a tablespoon of shredded cheese at the bottom of each pepper. Crack an egg on top, then sprinkle lightly with salt and black pepper. Add another tablespoon of shredded cheese around the edges, leaving some of the yolk visible in the center.
- Place the peppers cut side up onto the baking sheet. Bake for 15-20 mins, until softened.
- Serve each pepper with extra cheese and pepper to taste. Enjoy!