Inspired by local Mexican flavors of the coastal city of Ensenada, this ceviche is fresh, contemporary, and vibrant. What we love about this recipe is that it’s loaded with fresh veggies, designed for sharing and anyone can make it. This recipe was developed by Chef Jose Hernandez of Baja Lounge using Signature Brand by Frank’s fresh organic produce.
Prep Time: 40 mins.
- 2 cups Signature brand by Frank’s cucumber
- 1/2 cup of Signature brand by Frank’s grape tomato
- 1 Signature brand by Frank’s bell pepper
- 1/2 cup of red onion
- 2 cups Cod fish (Tilapia, Mahi-Mahi or Halibut are great substitutes)
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 2 tbsp cilantro
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp rice vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- Dice your cucumber, grape tomato, bell pepper, onion, cilantro and place them in a large bowl.
- Cut the fish into small squares and add it to the bowl.
- Next, add your evoo, lemon juice, salt & pepper to the bowl.
- Toss well and place in the refrigerator to allow all the flavors to marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- Enjoy on tostadas, with chips or as the main entree. Don’t forget to garnish it with salsa and fresh avocado slices for the full experience.