Roasted grape tomatoes are a perfect compliment for so many foods. This recipe can be enjoyed with eggs, omelettes, pasta, zoodles, over chicken and topped with fresh mozzarella, alongside with fish or meat, as a salad topping or even in your favorite sandwich. This recipe will surely add extra savory flavor to any dish, plus, can even be frozen if there are left overs!
- 2 pints Signature Brand grape tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian herbs
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt and 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 8-10 whole gloves of garlic, unpeeled
- chopped basil (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 225 degrees F.
- Pour the olive oil onto a large, sided baking sheet and sprinkle the herbs, salt, and pepper on top of the oil.
- Halve the tomatoes lengthwise, and place them on the baking sheet along with the unpeeled cloves of garlic. Combine together to fully coat with the olive oil-herb mixture and then arrange the tomatoes so they are cut-side up.
- Bake the tomatoes for 2 to 3 hours. You want the tomatoes to be shriveled but still a little juicy inside. The precise amount of time will depend on the size of your tomatoes and the oven.
- Remove from the oven and, when cool enough to handle, squeeze the garlic from the peels, discarding the peels. You can use the tomatoes right away (sprinkle with a little chopped basil, if desired), or let them cool and refrigerate or freeze for later use as a simple side dish, or add-in. The tomatoes are delicious served hot, cold, or at room temperature.